CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CHANCEY..my sweet kitty who has been sick...


Chance was found by my boyfriend one FREEZING COLD February afternoon in 2007. He somehow managed to crawl on the roof above the back door of a third floor porch of a house he manages. he was crying & crying as the wind howled relentlessly. Mike finally got him down & Chance howled at the top of his lungs all the way home. Mike put him on the porch & got me to see this cat he found. I came out to find no cat but followed the howling to a neighbors yard. Where I found a young male kitty with a terrible healing scab on his nose! How he injured that nose is beyond me. The scab wore off within a week & left behind his cute pink nose w/the black smudges I thought were scabs & tried to rub off with a wash cloth! Poor kitty!
Chance was your typical male kitten. he was about 4-5 months of age & frisky & loving & sweet & playful & sassy. he drove my older more refined cats nutso.
Until we found a young, young, almost feral kitten under a porch 3 months later we named Peanut.
Chance took this half feral kitten under his "paw" she was about 4-6 weeks old. Half "blind" from an infected goop in her eye (from a bad kitty cold easily treatable) After Peanut was cleaned up & medicated (she was rescued with three other kittens, unrelated to her, that needed bottle feedings every 3 hours! they had their eyes shut they were so young)
she was ready to rule the roost with her new buddy.
To this day nearly 2 years later, both fixed, are inseparable.
Starting last summer Chance got his first "Urinary Tract Infection" it was treated & he was fine until 2 months ago. He had another one that turned into a full blockage. He had the proper treatment & was sent home, 30 or so days later it happened again! This was last Friday. he just got home today. That first bill was 260 bucks now this one is 400+ dollars! We can pay as we can but still..if this happens again....He needs a surgery that is 3 grand! It basically widens his pee pee hole/tract to prevent blockages. Everything "flushes" right through like a sink drain with no stopper.
The vet told us to turn him into the Humane Society should he block again.
The vet is aware we do not have 3 grand in savings. We live week to week.
There are funding programs to help ppl w/ill pets that need surgeries but they are hard toget approved by.
We have other cats we are forced to turn into the Humane Society. We once had lots of money coming in until Mike lost his job & I got ill.
Now I am forced to give up my babies for their sake. It is not fair to keep them. I am pissed at life right about now.
I am being un selfish but I feel like a rotten asshole! I love them, I took them off the streets of my neighborhood, vaccinated them/fixed them/treated their various ailments that popped up along the way, socialized them, loved them, spoiled them. They are my babies.
Animals truly are becoming the littlest victims of the recession.
All over the USA ppl are forced to give up their pets, some they have had for 10+ years after they were foreclosed on or whatever their circumstances.
Ppl are walking into shelters bawling & shaking with sadness & rage at the sitaution. Having to give up their beloved dog or cat. They are literally homeless & cant have a animal in a shelter or at a friends house where they can crash on the couch.
No shelter will "hold" the pet until they are back on their feet either. It is heart wrenching.
Chancey Pooh bear is on a special diet to dissolve the crystals thet keep blocking his pee pee hole/tract. They think he was born with a small urethra/penis and will eventually need this surgery no matter the food we feed him or anything we do to prevent this.
Then we have a decision to make, put him to sleep or turn him to a Humane Society where they perform the surgery & adopt him out to a new family if one comes by that wants him over the others available.
Unless we manage to get a friend to adopt him on the DL & give him back to us.
Life is so sad & hard. Why cant I win the Lotto or find a rich relative? LOLZ.
I feel like I do so much good for others ppl & animals but always get the shit end of the stick.
I must have a black cloud over my head or have been cursed.
Someone hates me.
It's not Chancey Pooh though, He loves me as I do him...
I will fight to keep him healthy & alive. Please pray for my baby.

0 Thoughts From Fellow Bloggers: